As part of its programme of charitable funding of equestrian sports in Ireland, The George Mernagh Memorial Fund Limited will award three bursaries of Euro 5,000 each in 2016.
The charitable company, The George Mernagh Memorial Fund Limited, was established in memory of the late George Mernagh who had a lifetime interest in equestrian sports and who was committed to developing these at Tattersalls Ireland. It is fitting, therefore, that the beneficiaries of the 2016 bursaries will be announced at the “Welcome Reception” on Wednesday 1st June at Tattersalls Country House during the 2016 Tattersalls Ireland International Horse Trials, the major annual event which was established by George Mernagh and which is a key part of the programme of development of equestrian sports supported by the charitable company which bears his name.
Applications must comply with the “Terms” set out below and must be submitted by no later than Wednesday 25th May 2016. Applications are sought from anyone involved in the three equestrian disciplines of dressage, show jumping and cross country, from competitors to instructors to course builders. Innovative applications which embrace the bursary objectives will be particularly welcomed.
TERMS APPLYING TO THE GMMF LTD BURSARY AWARDS
- 1.Applications should attempt to demonstrate how they meet some or all of the following bursary objectives:
- To support youth participation in Irish equestrian sports;
- To foster national and international sporting competition in Ireland via the provision of equestrian competition and the facilities that support this competition;
- To contribute to the education and development of all participants involved in any aspect of Irish equestrianism to the highest possible standards.
- 3.The bursaries are also subject to the following terms and conditions of eligibility:
- The applicant must be eligible to compete for or to represent IRL;
- If the award is with regard to training then this training must be with an ‘accredited’ or ‘recognised’ coach;
- The bursary must be used within one year of the award date or will be deemed void;
- Bursary funds will only be paid out on receipt of a written claim with supporting documentation;
- The GMMF Bursary Award Committee’s decisions are final.